The market is full of different citrus juicers. This makes it quite difficult to choose the right one for you. However, you are in luck as we are here to help you choose the best rated citrus juicer.
If you are looking for a serious juicer that extracts juice from different fruits, vegetables and leafy greens, a citrus juicer is not the way to go.
However, if you are looking to be a bit healthier or just looking for a better tasting juice for breakfast a citrus juicer is the simplest way.
Some people end up buying a a complicated juicing machine, when all they really need is a simple citrus juicer. Therefore, before you buy a juicer, you need to familiarise yourself with the different types of juicer.
What is a Citrus Juicer?
A citrus juicer is designed to extract juice from fruits such as oranges, lemons, grapefruit etc. Basically, any type of fruit that is quite soft and easy to squeeze the juice out of. Citrus juicers make it easy to get the juice out, so you don’t have to do it manually and tire out your hands.
Most citrus juicers have a cone on the top, on which you place halved fruits. There is usually some kind of cup that it pushed down over the fruit to squash it in to the cone. Sometimes this cup is on a lever that requires you to press it down and some are automatic.
Most citrus juicers have a motor that spins the cone, which extracts the juice and the pulp.
A citrus juicer is for anyone that wants more than a glass of orange juice that isn’t from a carton. The majority of people buy a small manual operated juicer. These are nothing special, but they get the job done and are easy to use. However, if you want to squeeze more juice from your oranges, they might not cut it.
You can buy automatic citrus juicers that are make life easier. If you want to make large amounts of juice they are better than their manual counterparts. But, you can also buy citrus juicers that are more suited to industrial or commercial uses.
If you are just looking to make a few glasses of orange juice in the morning, we recommend that you look in to a good automatic juicer.
What to look for in a Citrus Juicer
- Materials – Look for citrus juicers made from good materials, such as stainless steel and BPA free plastic
- Usefulness – You need a citrus juicer to be not only easy to use, but easy to dismantle and assemble. This makes it easier when it comes to cleaning
- Dishwasher safe – Once you have taken your juicer apart, putting all the dirty bit in the dishwasher is much better than scrubbing them yourself
- Performance – You want a citrus juicer to extract the most amount of juice and pulp possible
- Pulp Control – Some citrus juicers allow you to adjust the amount of pulp that ends up in your drink. This is useful for when you have kids that don’t like “bits” in their orange juice
A good citrus juicer will actually save you money in the long term. This is because squeezing oranges at home is more cost effective than buying the stuff you get in cartons. Also, freshly squeezed juice is healthier, as you know there are no preservatives or added sugar.
The Cuisinart CCJ-500 has sold in its thousands. This is thanks to its low price and great performance. It is a nicely designed and compact citrus juicer.
- Adjustable reamer with 3 pulp control settings-low, medium, high
- Auto-reversing universal juicer cone for more efficient juicing
- Final-Spin feature extracts more juice from pulp
- Extra-long Snap-Up spout accommodates more glasses and prevents dripping
- Brushed stainless steel design, Easy-clean dishwasher-safe parts, BPA free
To use it, you just halve your fruit, put it on the cone and press down to operate it. There are three settings to determine how much pulp you want.
This is a fantastic citrus juicer. Its easy of use, design and features has led us to put it at the top of our list.
New Star Foodservice 46878
This is a very effective manual citrus juicer, this is because it has been designed for industrial use. However, it is on elf the easiest manual citrus juicers to use. It has the really useful feature of being able to alter the amount of pulp that you get in your drink.
- Professional-quality juicer in black, made of cast iron and 18/8 stainless steel
- Ergonomic rubberized handle will withstand 2,300 PSI (pounds per square inch)
- Great for squeezing the most juice possible out of oranges, grapefruits, lemons, limes, and more
- Heavy base with suction feet for greater stability and longer handle for additional leverage
- Detachable cone and funnel parts are dishwasher safe
This is a heavy duty juicer with exceptional build quality, therefore it is likely to last years and years. It is very effective in making enough juice for all the family easily. We chose this one, as there are great reviews from people that have used it for a long period of time. Also, it is priced well compared to similar citrus juicers.
Braun Electric Citrus Press
As electric citrus juicers go, this is about as simple as it gets. But, it works brilliantly. It is compact, which makes it very easy to store. Braun is a reputable brand, therefore, you can count on it lasting a long time. For this very low price you will get a very good citrus juicer. We like that you can easily adjust the amount of pulp you allow in to your juice. This is great if you have fussy kids that don’t like “bits” in their juice.
- 350ML capacity
- Adjustable pulp control
- Automatic stop/start
- Cable storage
- Dishwasher safe
The Braun Electric citrus press is super easy to use. It very popular with elderly people, as they don’t have to apply too much pressure with arthritic hands. It may not be the most glamorous looking juicer, but it is not the kind of appliance that you have on show all the time. Luckily its small size makes it easy to store.
Princess 201852 Juicer
The Princess 201852 is a home juicer, but is actually a semi professional one. Its aluminium arm allows you to get at much juice out of the fruit as possible with ease. It will work fine with all citrus fruits from oranges, grapefruit and lime.
We like that this citrus juicer is super quiet, so it should wake up the household if you are the first to rise in the morning.
- Semi professional citrus juicer with powerful 160 Watt motor
- Aluminium cast iron lever requires minimal force to juice
- Cone shape of the juicer is suitable for all citrus fruits
- Easy to clean and drip stop system. All part detachable and dishwasher safe
- Non slip feet and integrated handle
The Princess 201852 is a nice looking juicer that would look good in most kitchens. Its cone is cleverly designed to work with both small and large fruits.
Aicok Electric Citrus Juicer
The Aicok Electric citrus juicer is a nice compact juicer that is very easy to use. It can be used for different sized fruits thanks to its two interchangeable cones. It also has an auto reversing function to get the most juice out.
- Efficient juice extraction
- Easy to use
- 2 interchangeable cones for different sized fruits
- Anti-drip spout and anti-splashing juice collection box
- Easy to clean
- 2 year warranty
The Aicok Electric Citrus Juicer has a nice subtle and tidy design that will; look good in most kitchens. However, it is quite compact, so it is easy to store away. This Citrus Juicer is easy to dismantle, making it better for washing. Parts of the juicer (the sprout) are made of BPA-free plastic, and the rest made from stainless steel that is pretty easy to wipe.
All of these juicers are great, but we really recommend the Cuisinart CCJ-500. Its design, features and ease of use won us over. Cuisinart is also a reputable brand that you can rely on.
Leave us know your questions and thoughts in the comments section below.