Cheesecake with Pomegranate Sauce is a delicious dessert that combines the creamy richness of cheesecake with the vibrant and tangy flavors of pomegranate. This recipe typically consists of a graham cracker or cookie crust, a smooth and velvety cream cheese filling, and a luscious pomegranate sauce drizzled over the top.
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 24 ounces (3 packages) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
For the Pomegranate Sauce:
- 2 cups pomegranate juice (freshly squeezed or store-bought)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup of sugar, and melted butter. Mix until the crumbs are evenly coated.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan to create the crust. Use the back of a spoon or the bottom of a glass to press it down firmly.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until it's smooth and creamy.
- Add 1 cup of sugar and the vanilla extract to the cream cheese. Mix until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in the sour cream and make sure the filling is smooth and well-mixed.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust in the springform pan. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes, or until the edges are set but the center is slightly jiggly.
- Turn off the oven and crack the oven door. Let the cheesecake cool slowly for about an hour in the oven.
- Once it has cooled, refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours or overnight to set.
For the Pomegranate Sauce:
- In a small saucepan, combine the pomegranate juice and 1/2 cup of sugar. Heat over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water to create a slurry.
- Stir the slurry into the pomegranate mixture in the saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens, which should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the pomegranate sauce from heat and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Once the cheesecake is fully set and chilled, remove it from the springform pan.
- Pour the pomegranate sauce over the top of the cheesecake, allowing it to drizzle down the sides.
- Slice and serve your cheesecake with a generous drizzle of pomegranate sauce on each piece.
Enjoy your homemade cheesecake with pomegranate sauce! It's a delightful combination of creamy and tangy flavors that's perfect for any special occasion or a sweet treat any day of the week.