Frozen chicken breast prices at Walmart vary depending on the brand, size, and packaging. On average, you can expect to find frozen chicken breast at Walmart priced between $2.50 and $7 per pound. These prices, however, are subject to change and may vary based on location and any ongoing promotions or discounts. Walmart offers a wide range of frozen chicken breast options, including boneless, skinless, organic, and individually wrapped varieties. It is advisable to check the Walmart website or visit your local store to get the most accurate and up-to-date information on prices.
What is the ideal cooking temperature for frozen chicken breast?
The ideal cooking temperature for frozen chicken breast is 350°F (175°C).
What is the recommended cooking time for frozen chicken breast?
The recommended cooking time for frozen chicken breast will vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken breast. As a general guideline, it is recommended to bake the chicken breast at 375°F (190°C) for 30-40 minutes. However, the best way to ensure the chicken is cooked thoroughly is by using a meat thermometer. The internal temperature of the chicken breast should reach 165°F (74°C) to ensure its safety to consume.
How to marinate frozen chicken breast?
Marinating frozen chicken breast requires a slightly modified process compared to marinating fresh chicken breast. Here's a step-by-step guide:
- Thaw the chicken breast: Place the frozen chicken breasts in the refrigerator for 24-48 hours until fully thawed. Alternatively, you can use the defrost function on your microwave or place the chicken in a sealed plastic bag and submerge it in cold water, changing the water every 30 minutes until thawed.
- Prepare the marinade: In a bowl, mix together your desired marinade ingredients. This can include options like olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, soy sauce, herbs, spices, and other flavor enhancers. You can also use a pre-made marinade if you prefer.
- Add the chicken to the marinade: Place the thawed chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag or a shallow dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken, making sure it is fully coated on all sides. Seal the bag or cover the dish with plastic wrap.
- Marinate in the refrigerator: Place the chicken in the refrigerator and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes. For maximum flavor, marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Flip the chicken: If marinating in a bag, flip it every 30 minutes to ensure even distribution of the marinade. If marinating in a dish, gently turn the chicken breasts in the marinade every 30 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator: Take the marinated chicken out of the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature for 15-30 minutes before cooking. This ensures more even cooking.
- Cook the chicken: You can cook the marinated chicken using preferred methods such as grilling, baking, or pan-searing. Make sure the chicken is cooked to the recommended internal temperature (165°F or 74°C) to ensure it is fully cooked.
Note: Never use the marinade that has come into contact with raw chicken as a sauce or dressing unless you bring it to a boil first to kill any bacteria. It's better to prepare a separate portion of unused marinade for this purpose.